Thursday, January 05, 2006

I Need a Summer Reading Theme!

Paws, Claws, Scales and Tales (not)

I'm looking for ideas for our library's summer reading program theme. The state of Ohio has joined in with other states in the collaborative program "Paws, Claws, Scales and Tales" but besides being way too long of a name to remember, let alone write down, I just thought we could come up with something better.






Here are a few ideas:

"Go Wild - Read!"
"It's a Jungle Out There"
"Wild About Reading"


I'm at a loss. I like the idea of "Wild" because we can incorporate an animal theme into our program to parallel the state theme but I'm open to ideas. We could have "wild" prizes, "wild" programs, and maybe some "wild" books to go along with some of the other just plain wild things going on here at the library. How about turning the upstairs into a jungle?

If you have an idea - post it. I'm looking at some great prizes for this year and I need to get some things on order by the end of the month. I'd like one theme we can use for both kids, teens, and adults.

Also for the state theme we would have had to have our prize order in before Thanksgiving. I mean what kind of system is that. We were in the middle of storytimes, holiday planning, and craft day and they want you to coordinate your summer program. Send me your ideas!

Can we do something with instant messaging, rock and roll, and computers?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a wild west theme?